The output will be a tool targeted towards middle management within higher educational Institutions. Its main aim will be to quantify the contribution that MOOCs and other informal online courses make to institutions’ triple bottom line (i.e., financial, environmental and social), and how their effectiveness compares to other more traditional services offered by the same higher educational institutions.
In particular, the tool should serve to inform institutional leaders as to the cost-effectiveness of implementing MOOC programmes within their institutions and give some guidelines on how to assess the effectiveness of their implementation.
Uses of Cost-Benefit Analysis:
– To calculate full costs and benefits of the MOOC Programme as a whole
– To calculate the costs and benefits of an individual MOOC
– To calculate the contribution of MOOCs to institutional mission in
- regional sustainability goals
- global sustainability goals
– To calculate benefit of investing in MOOCs vs other investments ineducation
– To use MOOC data in sustainability reporting activities
The output will include implementation guide on how to use the indicators.
When will it be ready?